Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Pit stop outside of Boston/destination #4, outside of NYC

So, I apparently did my route planning with the "no toll roads" option checked. ROFL I was WAY ahead of schedule today and made it all the way to Boston by 8pm, instead of back to the beach like I originally thought would be the case. The good news is I only had a 3-4 hour drive today, the bad news is, there wasn't really a place to stop and charge overnight here while sleeping in the car. At least not one I feel safe sleeping at. I couldn't find a hotel with all three necessities (pool/hot tub/car charger) so I settled for one that had the first 2 and was near a supercharger- stayed at the Residence Inn in Framingham Mass. Hard bed but fabulous rooms.  After I left there I drove another 3ish hours to my next stop and will be here for a few days, so probably no more updates until after the holiday. Stay safe and have fun everyone!

I got stopped quite a few times at the Kennebunk Maine supercharger (on my way to Boston) by Tesla owners who haven't seen the 3 yet and non-Tesla owners asking general EV questions. Elon where's my commission? ROFL (actually I do have a referral code if anyone is thinking about getting an S or X) Seriously though, I love this car so I don't mind getting stopped. I smile and wave for the cell phone cameras and looky-loos on the road, and try chat it up with the strangers at the charge stops because I enjoy sharing it with others and helping to further the EV movement.


New stats after this mornings supercharge:
miles driven: 2985.2
kwh used: 723 (that is still 4.1 miles per kwh)
cost of electricity $63.74 (NY and Maine are expensive states to charge in)
cost of gas: $360.22
total savings: $296.48
time added for charging: still about 2.5 hours, due to eating/bathroom breaks at chargers & overnight charging


No comments:

Post a Comment

Home, final numbers

Day 18- I came home a day early (see the post that I should have made Sunday) so I got home last night around 8pm. I was too tired to go ahe...