Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Plan- 19 days on the road in an electric vehicle!

Hey guys, I am starting this blog because I am about to embark on an exciting adventure, driving across the country in an electric vehicle! :-) 

I'm thrilled to have finally gotten my Model 3 about 6 weeks ago, and officially joined the electric vehicle (EV) community.  I am now doing more of my part to reduce my carbon footprint (plus it is just really dang fun to drive) woohoo!  I have gotten used to all the ins and outs that make it different from an ICE car (stands for "internal combustion engine" or a gas engine car) and am now preparing for a long road trip in "Nik" to visit friends all throughout northeastern North America. For this trip I will be spending almost 3 weeks on the road, covering ~4200 miles.  Subscribe and stay tuned for my upcoming blog of day 1! :-)

I will be covering 10 states and 1 Canadian province, and will be charging at a variety of locations including: Tesla superchargers, Tesla destination chargers, home wall outlets (both 110 and 220) and non-Tesla J1772 chargers. 

Many thanks and a shout out to my dad, mom, and sister who will be taking turns house-sitting for me with the dog and cat while I am on my adventure.  I can't wait to get on the road and share the EV road tripping experience with everyone, both the good and the bad. I will do my best to post often, I am aiming for every couple of days as a realistic goal. Follow my blog here so you can read all the latest posts and let’s explore the USA and Canada electric style!

Car: Tesla Model 3 (avg 4.1 miles per kWhr)
Driver: Travelwolf (aka Val, aka Tess)
Miles: ~4200
Time: just under 3 weeks


Car used for ICE fuel comparisons: Pontiac G6 (avg 25 mpg- my previous all gas car)

Gas calculation: used prices obtained at each charge stop


2 comments:

  1. Is there any way to mirror this on teslakc.net?

    ReplyDelete

Home, final numbers

Day 18- I came home a day early (see the post that I should have made Sunday) so I got home last night around 8pm. I was too tired to go ahe...